Saturday, May 1, 2010

Sequels: How Some Tarnish Greatness.

Okay, so in hindsight I should have taken the words of wisdom of Mister Bones into mind and just steered clear of the sequel I had been waiting for since hearing of its release. That would-be clusterfuck of celluloid would be none other than Boondock Saints II: All Saints Day. Now,given, the title is kinda shitty to start off with. Mix that with nearly a decade of space after the OG and you have the beginnings of a catastrophe. But still I waited hopefully as a second chapter of the already badass happennings of the Irish brothers was gonna blow my mind with awesomeness! Well...it blew alright. At least the first twenty minutes or so that I have managed to let my eyes be raped by have. The aforementioned Bones texted me and told me that it was "working on being the worst sequel ever", but of course I dismissed this as the confused rantings of a crazy man. I mean c'mon, thee original cast, writer and director returning? This had to be a sequel to show all others how it's done! Well I stand corrected, as having tried to watch this movie made me want to go jihad on Troy Duffy! All I can say is, Bones you were right, too much humor and not enough story and action. Now,true, I can only vouch for the first twenty minutes, but for me that was enough. I didn't want my good memories of the Boondock Saints to be tarnished.

2 comments:

  1. I made it all the way through, and it only gets worse trust me. I place it in the hallowed grounds of such other series-ending sequels as Robocop 3 and Batman & Robin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You want to REALLY get pissed? Go watch the new Elm Street! >:(

    ReplyDelete